Connect & Collaborate: Towards Inclusive & Sustainable Growth
International days and weeks are occasions to educate the public on issues of concern, to mobilize political will and resources to address global problems, and to celebrate and reinforce achievements of humanity. The existence of international days predates the establishment of the United Nations, but the UN has embraced them as a powerful advocacy tool. As MSME advocates, SME Founders Association (SFA) will be hosting a Townhall – series of dialogues, mentorship clinics and pop-up market to address MSME issues and strategies towards an inclusive sustainable growth.
Formal and informal MSMEs globally make up over 90% of all firms and account, on average, for 70% of total employment and 50% of GDP. As such, they are key actors in achieving an inclusive sustainable economic growth. They are responsible for more than two thirds of all jobs worldwide and account for the majority of new job creation. But despite providing a huge share of global employment, they still face major challenges when it comes to working conditions, productivity and informality. While they may be small individually, new ILO data show that micro- and small enterprises, account for a staggering 70% of employment worldwide. As we work to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the ILO’s Decent Work Agenda, we cannot afford to ignore the potential of SMEs and the challenges they face – access to information, skills, capital and markets to build sustainable and scalable businesses.
The Townhall aims to facilitate dialogues between MSMEs and key stakeholders on the latest business developments on policy, innovation, trade & finance opportunities, as well as current affairs that may translate into cost savings, revenue growth, risk mitigation, and collaboration. It is designed to be an interactive, engaging, and participatory platform, giving participants the opportunity to engage, exhibit their products and services, enquire from business advisors while learning and networking with key stakeholders and peers in the ecosystem.
Registration for MSME Day is ongoing
The Founders Townhall celebrating MSMEs takes place on the 28th of June 2022.
The objectives of the Townhall are to:
- Amplify the participation of MSMES in co-creating solutions that are relevant and meaningful for their growth.
- Inspire and inform participants through inclusive dialogue on accessing traditional and alternative capital, new markets, policy, regulation and appropriate networks.
- Enhance engagement between public and private sector in Kenya and beyond.
The Townhall aims to reinvigorate businesses so that they can withstand environmental shocks, especially as we are coming out of COVID-19 and getting into the elections period. It will be held in-person at Sarit Expo Center and will target 500 SMEs as participants, with opportunities to exhibit innovative solutions targeted at different audiences.
Prior to COVID-19, SFA has held Townhalls monthly in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru as a platform to engage with SMEs
and address real-life challenges, from their perspective and with their experiences. The fact is that existing SME forums are
often held without the input of SMEs and do not provide practical information or solutions yet the business environment is
dynamic and requires agility and capacity to change often.
In the last two years SFA Virtual townhalls have attracted over 6,000 registrations validating this type of forum and content.
The Townhalls bring people from various parts of Kenya and other parts of Africa with engaging content on various topics
designed to connect SMEs to money, markets and mentors. Speakers and panelists have come from government bodies,
financial institutions, educational institutions, SME experts and Practioners.
We invite you to be a key partner and join the MSME Townhall, to celebrate the MSME day and provide a platform for dialogue and impactful exchange this month and every month.
- Participate in a 10-minute Keynote to showcase an SME related product or service.
- Participate as a panelist, you will be able to engage with SMEs who have questions and contributions on their experience. Your organization will be able to share expertise and guidance on the questions that every SME wants to know.
- Co-branding at the Townhall – Corporate banners, directional signage as gold partner.
- Host one of the follow up interactive virtual Founders Conversation Sessions.
- SME relevant branding on website
- A free exhibition stand.
- One panelist slot.
- One segment sponsorship.
- SME relevant branding on our website.
- Co branding at the Townhall.
- Exhibition stand (3m by 3m).
- Corporate Affiliate partnership run an awareness campaign through its 11k database of SMEs (Newsletter, Social media, Website) for 1 of your corporate campaigns within 6 months of the event.
- Recognition as sponsor communication material.
- Run a promotional flier.
- Corporate Affiliate Bronze partnership which offers discounted rate for one (1) of your product relevant campaigns through Business Growth Opportunities (Newsletter, Social media, Website).
- SME relevant article in the BGO publication.
- SME relevant branding on our website
- One exhibition stand (3mx3m).
We value collaboration and partnerships and we look forward to creating value for all stakeholders.
We are available to create a partnership together. To learn more, call us +254707112002 or email us at email@example.com.